Indian restaurant closed after customer found snakeskin in food

0

A restaurant in the southern Indian state of Kerala has been temporarily closed after a woman and her daughter found snakeskin in their food.

The woman, identified by her first name Priya in local media, discovered the snakeskin wrapped in the paper used to wrap the Porotta (layered flatbread) which she had bought from a hotel restaurant in Nedumangadu area of ​​Thiruvananthapuram.

The mother and daughter had bought two pieces of flatbread and some gravy to eat for lunch on Thursday afternoon. When the mother started eating the bread after her daughter had finished her share of food, she discovered the snakeskin on the wrapping paper.

Ms Priya approached the local police, who directed her to food security officials. Following his complaint, the local municipal authorities conducted an inspection and closed the restaurant.

“We inspected the hotel immediately. It worked in a bad state. The kitchen was not sufficiently lit and rubbish was thrown outside. The outlet was closed immediately and a show cause notice was sent,” said Arshitha Basheer, Nedumangad Food Safety Officer. The new Indian Express.

“Our preliminary finding is that the dead skin was in the newspaper used to wrap the food,” the officer added.

She explained that the flatbread was placed on clear wrapping paper and wrapped in newspaper. “The skin somehow came into contact with the Porotta under. The piece of skin was half a finger long,” she told the Indian Daily.

The municipal body said the restaurant was doing business with the required license and that there was otherwise “nothing wrong” with the stored food. His license has now been revoked following the incident.

Share.

Comments are closed.